Ride-sourcing and tax (Sole traders) - Preston (VIC)
- Thu 5th Sep 2019, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- 2-50 Murray Rd, Preston VIC 3072
- Book Tickets
Do you provide ride-sourcing services for a fare; working through a facilitator such as Uber, SheSafe, Shebah or GoCatch?
Do you know how income tax, the goods and services tax (GST) applies to your earnings?
Ride-sourcing is taxi-travel for GST purposes. If you have a ride-sourcing enterprise, you need:
- an Australian business number (ABN)
- to register for GST from the day you start
- to pay GST on the full amount of every fare
- to keep records of income and expenses for both GST and income tax purposes.
You can then claim GST credits for expenses associated with your ride-sourcing enterprise.
Come along to this one hour session where we’ll help understand how to get it right.
Note: If you already have a business structure, this session is designed for sole traders.